Anyone who really knows me, knows that I don't remember a thing. That being said, I tend to be the queen of "belated". For example, I miss your birthday and two weeks later you get a call (or, lets be honest, an e-mail) from me saying, "Happy Belated Birthday!!!" in a lame, but apologetically sincere manner.
So for Valentines Day this year (and you know this is another "belated" since I'm just now posting about it and it's the middle of APRIL...), I had an intricate adventure planned for Jake. My friend Stephanie was in on it with me, and together we concocted a plan that was sure to woo both of our husbands into Cupid's courtyard. Things didn't work out quite to plan so we had to change things up a bit and Jake and Juan's Excellent Adventure took place almost three weeks after V-day. Here are some of their instructions:
*Go to the shoe section in Wal-Mart and video tape yourself doing the running man - with at least two other people as witnesses.
* Buy some "managers special" flowers (a.k.a. nearly dead) and Jedi mind trick the cashier into thinking that they are a dozen long stemmed roses.
*Find an elderly woman, give her the flowers, get down on your knees and sing "Besame Mucho"
*Go to Ethan's favorite park, stand on the wooden boat and shout at the top of your lungs, "I'm the king of the world!!" (Like Jack from Titanic)
*Go to Goodwill, find the ugliest woman's blouse you can find, put it on, and tell me why you love me and I am the coolest wife ever.
They had to video tape everything and take pictures to prove that they had done it. I knew Jake would be up for this, but Juan turned out to be a really good sport too.
This was just too good NoT to share.....................even if it is belated.
I have the raddest husband.



12 comments:
You guys are so goofy and funny, and go so GREAT together! I always loved those qualities in you both!
Haha...this gives me flashbacks to when you made we walk around my entire neighbor hood late at night following a piece of string....and you nearly got arrested!!! HAHAHAHA! Oh memories... :) And I do find it hilarious that the link to our blog is Rob and "J" Kempton. :) Her name is Jenesse....I promise it's not THAT hard to spell.... :D
That sounds like SOO much fun! Your husband is super funny! I love the pictures.
What a good sport! It looks like he had a fabulous time. And that blouse isn't too ugly...he had pretty good taste! :)
You are silly. I would love to see the video. Also would love to see the expression on the elderly womans face after getting the flowers.
This is such an Emma and Jake date. We need to see the video someday. love it! Too creative for your own good!
Seriously who would dream of hitting a big Kid. That is just what you married. You guys are silly heads!
You guys are so fun! Would you mind sharing some of that creativity with us??
First: Jake, you are so hot in leopard print. Second: I also have the raddest husband for going along with Jake. Third: that day was the most fun belated V-Day I have ever had!
Ha ha ha ha I'm laughing so much right now after reading this!!! The best part is I am in the library at school and I'm trying not to laugh too loud and I'm also suppose to be studying for finals :) Oh well! This is more fun! I just might have to steal your idea Emma, ha ha ha, still laughing.
I love it! You guys have so much fun...I'm totally jealous. Made me think of the time you and Dixie and I went to Morp, stag! We were rockin. I love the elmo cake you made for Ethan. Can you teach me??? Glad Jake is okay after the car situation.
That is so awesome! Jake you are the coolest person ever. I love it!
Post a Comment