
A couple of weeks ago, I went to New York City for a sisters party with my sister-in-laws and mother-in-law. Laurel's husband (Laurel is the foxy one in the blue shirt in the picture below) came up with this brilliant idea and and gave us this amazing opportunity to hang out together in one of the coolest cities in the world. THANK YOU CONAN! Part of the present was to go and see Wicked, a broadway musical about the TRUE story of the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz (My favorite part of the trip.)
I am NEVER going to forget this trip and how much fun we all had. What a blast! The picture below is of all of us with our "fun money" that Mom and Dad Hansen gave us for the trip. Can you say, SpOiLeD!?!
I am NEVER going to forget this trip and how much fun we all had. What a blast! The picture below is of all of us with our "fun money" that Mom and Dad Hansen gave us for the trip. Can you say, SpOiLeD!?!
This is by far my favorite picture of the trip. Trains are not so good if you have smelly people standing in front of you.
Outside the "Hello Deli" from The Late Show with David Letterman. We went to say hello to Reuben, who is exactly the same as he is on television......slightly boring with not much personality. What a cool guy to let us take a picture though.
Outside the Today Show. Some of us went early to see it taped and to listen to Jason Mraz perform outside the studio. It was very cool. I was a little starstruck. The day we were supposed to leave some of us had the opportunity to stay another night (compliments of Delta Airlines) and recieve an airline voucher for some sweet moolah. I was a little hesitant because I really wanted to get home to the boys, but the deal really was too great to pass up. They also gave us hotel, food, and a taxie voucher until our flight the next morning, so we took off and went to Max Brenners Chocolate shop to enjoy ourselves.
This place was a diabetic nightmare.
But mmmmmmmm, so good. (That there is a white chocolate drink concoction; yummo - and don't worry, my I bolused for it on my insulin pump ahead of time, so I was good to go. If nothing else, it just made me a little fatter:)
My amazing sister Eliza watched the boys for me in Utah, while I was gone. Jake had school, so he stayed in Dallas the whole time. The boys had so much fun playing with their cousins, aunties, uncles, grandparents and friends. I don't have any pictures of Utah because I didn't have enough room on my camera (I forgot to pack the USB cable for my camera and I used up all the memory space in NY) so I used my mom and sister's camera for everything else.
While we were in Utah we went to Deer Creek reservior with the kiddos, Thanksgiving point gardens, played in grandparents backyards where Ethan got to ride a "tractor" and learned how to jump on a real trampoline, played with cousins, picked fresh strawberries and tomatoes in real gardens, played in the sprinkler, saw my awesome friend Janna and her sweet family and even got a haircut from my friend Kellyanne. It was so nice to see everyone!
Thank you so much to my brother-in-law Conan, my parents and in-laws, my sisters and everyone else who made this all possible. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!






9 comments:
So so fun! My fav is the smelly arm pits too...because I was there and it smelled REALLY bad!
xoxo
I can't wait to get copies of your picts. You have some rad ones! I loved NY and can't believe it has come and gone.
Wow, what a fabulous trip!!! It looks like you all had a great time and I am sure it was a much needed break for yourself.
What a fun trip! I want to be in on the sister gang...if only. I love NYC and I am so jealous you got to see Wicked! It was sold out every single day we were there. Total bummer. Glad you had a great time.
Yes we are very spoiled! Miss you!!
CRAZY FUN! That's so nice of Eliza to watch the boys! I was wondering how all you girls got people to watch all your kids. Glad you got to do something so FUN!
What a great time you all had! so, Emma...you sending some of that diabetic nightmare chocolate? :)
wow what a great trip! And what a great bonding experience for all of you. With no kids... a little bit of heaven... at least for a few days! Ü
How great for you. I am glad you had a great time.
I checked out the lego site, too funny.
Post a Comment