....a guy honks and smiles flirtatiously at a woman who is pushing a double stroller, full of kids, and wearing a frump coat.
It was raining outside - just a slight drizzle mind you - and the boys and I needed to get out of the house before dinner. So, being the swarthy half-blooded Oregonian that I am, I took them for a walk around our neighborhood. I hadn't done anything to my hair except throw it back in a butterfly clip, and I'm pretty sure it was sticking up everywhere and was as frizzy as could be. I was wearing light blue cargo pants that I rarely wear because they are super UNflattering to my figure, and a bulky coat that I've had for over 8 years. Jake likes to call it my "homeless" coat.
I was NOT looking hot.
The guy drove by, honked, gave me a big flirtatious grin with one of those, "how YOU doin!?" nods that I haven't wittnessed since my single days in college. His meaning was clear. Either he was crazy or blind, but he was driving so I have to assume crazy.
After it happend, I must admit, I was a little baffled. I almost felt naked, standing on the sidewalk with my little darlings wondering, "Is he serious"? Did he really want to hit on me when I look like this and I clearly have kids and am most likely in some sort of relationship? What's wrong with people?!?
After he drove down the street the only comforting thought that came into my mind was, "My husband is so much bigger than you, and he will beat the crap out of you if you even come near me or my kids. So there."
It may not be the most Jesus friendly thought, but it sure made me feel better.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You crack me up!
Homeless coat and all, you were still probably looking fabulous. But, be sure to bring some mace the next time.
You're such a babe Emma! Hot Mama!!
You are hot no matter what Em. when are you going to realize that!!!?!!! I just have guys stop and yell at me.
I would've done the same thing if I saw you! You are one hot momma!
You can borrow Tangie for awhile. Sick her on any flirtatious weirdos in your area.
Poor guy. Here he was driving down the road when he saw a poor homeless woman with two kids and thought...boy that horrific hairdo of hers probably gets her no love. I'm just going to wave and honk and wink to make her feel better. And with that incurred the wrath of Emma.
*sigh* You just can't be nice to strangers these days without getting it thrown in your face. :) ha ha ha ha ha
Jesus would have knocked his block off if he tried to hurt one of his precious daughters! So I'm glad he decided to move along and not get into any fights with Jake and Jesus.
Post a Comment