Saturday, February 6, 2010

You're Santa

So this is how our conversation went last night at Dinner with Ethan.
Ethan:You're Santa Daddy.
Jake: You think so, huh? I thought I was Daddy
Ethan: No Daddy you're Santa. ( then after pausing for a second he turned to Emma and said with a devilish chagrin) Mommy is Santa.
( before Emma could say anything Ethan points at both of us and says:)
Ethan: You're both Santa. hehehe You're both Santa.
( Emma and I look at each other in hilarious shock and surprise, trying to keep our composure and to not laugh our heads off.)
Jake: Ethan does Daddy have a big white beard? Is Daddy fat?....don't answer that. Does Daddy wear a big red suit? Does Mama?
Jake: (whispering to Emma) I guess the jig is up at the age of 2
Ethan: No Daddy, No Mama, you're a car wash.Yeah. You're a car wash.

So it looks like for now, Santa's secret is safe. But where that acusation came from in the first place we will never know. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! A car wash huh...what creative little minds you are shaping up over there!

thegehmclan said...

maybe the glasses, or the constant smiling, or maybe he cries when you hold him....who knows really

Chuckleheads said...

LOL...is that what sparked the biggest loser bit? You think he mistook you for Santa cuz of a Santa sized gut? :)

Melissa said...

Kids are adorable and hilarious! It's always amazing to me the things they come up with. I can't remember how many times my nephew asked me if I was pregnant before I was even married, and then after as well! At least he's got a nice creative mind.