I have no pictures for this post.
I know some of you don't care, but I'm a big picture girl. A visual being. Artsy fartsy. So I just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone decided not to continue reading my blog post because it has no pictures.
No? Still going? Well arlright then.
This last month and a half-ish have been crazy. I'm talking insane crazy. We had two back to back family reunions and we celebrated Jake's 29th birthday. For his birthday I put a bunch of fun facts all around the house about the number 29. Things like,
"29 is a PRIME number...and age!"
"There are 29 letters in the Sweedish alphabet...mmmmm, sweedish fish."
and "Jake, I'm sorry but at the age of 29 you are no longer elligible to audition for American Idol - I know it was a dream:)".
Those are just a few....but I'm dorky like that. We both are. That's why we do it. I hope he had a good birthday though. The boys made his birthday sign this year with finger paints. It was groovy. Probably the most colorful birthday sign I have ever seen. Loved it. Love them.
After that the boys and I went to Utah for back to back family reunions. Before we left I put post-it notes all over the house in random places for Jake to find while we were gone. Most of the sayings were just inside jokes or favorite quotes from movies that I knew would make Jake laugh really hard. I even put one on the inside of the toilet lid that said, "You're my #1". I had no idea that a friend that came to stay with Jake (Jeremy) would be seeing it too. I think it left a good impression. Jake left ALL the sticky notes up.............and the birthday sign.
He loves us.
As far as the reunions go, they were intense! I don't think the boys have had that much fun in a long time. We played with cousins, rode on a tractor, had olympics, went fishing and four wheeling, slid down a water slide, ate popsicles and waaaaaaaay to much food, sang in a talent show and partied like it was 1999.
I know what you're thinking. You wish I had pictures. Well, let me tell something to jew; so do I. (Hint hint to anyone who has pictures of our family during the reunion that they want to send us:)
When we got back to Dallas it was 108 degrees plus humidity up the wazoo. I'm not sure the percentage, I just know that when I walk outside it feels like I've stepped into a sauna. BlllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH! So to be honest, I wish I was back in Utah - with Jake this time though.
Scratch that.
I wish we were in California. Done with school. And we had a backyard. And we lived happily ever after.
The End.
Picture that!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I wish we were all closer. I too would love to post some pictures but I too didn't have my camera there. LOVE LOVE YOU and MISS MISS you.
I've got pictures! I'll send you some...oh and that one I posted of you spicy redhead on Facebook. Thats a good picture.
Loved seeing you and meeting your boys. LOVED Bella and Beckham together...the little twinners just 18 hours apart.
See you in three years. :)
I loved being with you and the boys. You are a fun person to be around and I miss you already! Now, how bout those recipes!!!
Sounds like great crazy fun. Love you guys.
Oh the good times. I think I ate twice as much food as you by the way. I have some cute picts too that I'll send. I miss ya already and it better not be 3 years :)
I think the only one you need to post is the spicy hot redhead one on facebook - no more words needed!
I love you Em B! What great memories! Thanks for the talks and letting me get to know your cute boys better and inspiring me to not eat as much as Eliza! :)
Three years is too long!
oh where oh where has my Emma b gone? Oh where oh where can she be????
You crack me up. And now I'm terribly upset about the American Idol thing. I'm too old to tryout!!
Post a Comment