Friday, May 13, 2011

Betcha thought we died...

...but we didn't.  Yes, we are still here.  And as I sit here thinking about everything else I should be doing instead of writing this post and playing with my blog background, I feel a little silly.  Why did I commit so much time to this before?

 I'll tell you why.

Because it is a creative outlet.  Because it allowed me to record pictures and thoughts of who I am and who my family is.  Because it made me happy.  Because it gave me an opportunity to share my life with my friends and family.  And gosh darn it,  because I liked doing it.  So there.  Let's try this again, shall we?

For my first official post of 2011, I would like to start off by saying Mr. Handsome is just one of the most thoughtful people that I know.  (I'm calling him Mr. Handsome because, well, it's kind of vintage, kind of dashing and because that's just what he is and I like it.)  He has a reminder on his phone to send me memories throughout the day of our life together, which he does on a regular basis.  Today he sent me this picture, and it got me thinking how fast life goes.  It's as if this picture was just taken.  I remember looking at it the first time and falling in love.







I'm still in love.  Aren't they darling?  They are much bigger now, but I daresay just as cute.  I'm president of their fan club.  And this, my dear friends, is why I will continue to blog.

I'm not making any promises mind you, but I sure do miss having a record of snaps like these.  I think it's worth a try. So here's to the memories.  Eat your heart out Kodak.

6 comments:

thegehmclan said...

You are alive! We have been so worried that you did fall off into the ocean somewhere! Oh how we miss you and those darling little mr. handsome Hansens. Keep it coming sista. PWWWEASE!

Emily said...

We DID miss you! and still do...sigh. COME VISIT:) Darling fam.

Laurel said...

I gotta say...when you said "and gosh damn it," I was shocked! And surprised, and I even giggled a little. Then I realized it said, "darn it."

:)

REGS said...

glad you are back! hope you post more. how has adjusting to California been? it was a little rough for me the first little bit, but it got easier and better. Hope you are all well. If you ever take an excursion down to SoCal, you should stay with us and our boys could become friends. Hugs!

Chuckleheads said...

Its about time!

Cothran Family said...

Laurel's comment cracked me up! funny! I'm glad you are back.