Thursday, October 30, 2008

Autumn Goo

The Masterpieces



Our goofy faces match our pumpkins!










One of my favorite things about autumn time is getting to carve pumpkins. I have such fond memories of doing this as a kid, and it seems to be one of those rare things that is still just as wonderful as an adult. The best part of carving the pumpkin is taking out all the goo in the middle. It's squishy, messy, and nothing is off limits. You're going to get dirty, and you know it. Rad.
Unfortunately, Jake dosn't share the same opinion of pumpkin goo. He says it reminds him of gutting dear during hunting season. Nice.




9 comments:

k.young said...

We love carving pumpkins too! Ethan is getting so big!!

Laurel said...

If we send you our pumpkins, would you carve them for us? Ours are always pretty pathetic looking. :)

Anie said...

Hey Em!!! Looks like you guys had FUN carving out your pumpkins!!! Always AMAZING work from Emma B! Such cute pictures at the pumpkin patch by the way! Ethan is such a cutie! I'm SUPER excited about the arrival of your second!! YEAH!! SO, about making your blog into a book. . . YES, you can totally do it! Tisha's already done her first book and I'm just about ready to send my first one off to be published!!! It's SO FUN!! Just go to blurb.com
There's lots of options of things you can do, but I chose Blog book- it uploads your whole blog, and then you choose which posts you want to put into the book. For example, our first book is going to be Madi's first year- so I just chose the posts that are about Madi (ended up being most of them! :). But after this book I am just going to publish one family book each year- documenting the stuff we did! Pretty cool journal if you ask me! I still have my regular journal where I write the stuff I don't like others to read :), but nothing beats a detailed journal with pictures!!! Check it out!! Have a very HAPPY HALLOWEEN today!!!!!! Love you!!!

Jill D. said...

Good job on the pumpkins. Cute family you got there!

thegehmclan said...

If you were to enter a contest against us, we would win because Scott carved our pumpkins and he has skills. J/K You are so artistic, I love what you create every year. Little E is getting so big! Yeah for two weeks!

Chuckleheads said...

dude...I'll totally challenge your pumpkin carving skills to ours. I personally fall between you and jake...Not lovin' the goo, but its not quite as icky ad gutting an animal. Blech.

aidanjordan said...

Did your pumpkins shrivel in like two days?! I was so mad! Your pumpkins were awesome! Can we just pay you to do ours next year?

Anonymous said...

You are now officially tagged. Rules are on my blog.

Love ya!

Angie said...

Hoorah for autumn goo... and babies! Keep us posted - you guys are getting close to the world of two kids :)