
Recently, I have started swimming regularly again. There is just something liberating to me about swimming laps in a pool. Usually, I forget everything and just swim. I don't think about anything in particular, I just swim.
The last couple of times I've gone however, I started THINKING about things. I know this is hard to believe, but I attribute this to the fact that I am now considering swimming my "workout" for the day and have begun counting the laps so I know how far I've gone and how long it takes me. As thinking goes, I started processing certain ideas into my head and grouping them with the number of lap that I am on. Below is the result. Read the number first, and then the "deep thought" that followed it.
P.S. They're supposed to rhyme...
Lap #1: Not even close to done
Lap #2: The water's so blue
Lap #3: Don't pee, don't pee!
Lap #4: WORK OUT THAT CORE!
Lap #5: Please, do not dive (Inspired by a sign at the pool)
Lap #6: I'm gonna get my "fix"
Lap #7: Swim, Ever, Victorious, Engulfing, Noodles (as in swim noodles - the little floatie toys that kids play with)
Lap #8: Swim straight mate
Lap #9: You're doing just fine
Lap #10: Watch out for old men (they tend to swim crooked)
Lap #11: I'm in swimmer's heaven
Lap #12: Loose those "shelves" (as in the fat shelves on my belly:)
Lap #13: What IS that dirt thing? (referring to the inevitable bit of WHO KNOWS WHAT that is on the bottom of every pool.
Lap#14: Interesting mort. (mortar) seams (from the tile)
Lap #15: Beautiful rift beams (from the sunlight)
Lap #16: I am having mixed dreams
Lap #17: Now I'm having leavend dreams (You know you're a fatty when you think about bread while you swim...)
Lap #18: I'm so hot my mate will scream!
Lap #19: The line is an ugly shade of green
Lap #20: I'm so dang funny.
Lap #21: Only four more and I'm done
Lap #22: Gonna loose the "moooooooooo"!
Lap #23: The fog just will not let me see! (because even if goggles are "FoG FreE", they're not)
Lap #24: Only just one more
Lap #25: I am still alive!!!
As you can see, I'm a real thinker. Please congratulate me on being brilliant.

10 comments:
Kudos on the MAJORLY brilliant thoughts. They made me smile! Thanks for sharing.
I can't tell if its Emma or Jake that wrote that post...which one of you is brillilant?
Very funny! I tend to think about more deep thoughts when I am working out...like where I'll be in a few years or making a mental note of things that I need to get done over the next few days...glad to know that you can work out and be giggling to yourself underwater as you rhyme your way down the lane. xoxo
Good thinking, & Great Job!
Not only am I impressed with your creativity....I can't believe you are still alive at lap 25! I would have been long gone by then. I loved it!
25 laps? Impressive.
Today, you guys score more... swimming 25 laps? We can't beat that :)
Thanks for the inspiration! I guess I am going to have to tone now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE JUST SO DARN CUTE!!! Loved the "Deep thoughts"; and those boys are just the cutest! Where in the world did Ethan get that dark hair!!!???? And Beckham---watch OUT!!!!! Love and miss you guys!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
I love you Emma you are the biggest nerd I know. (only I can say that:) (I LOL really hard the whole time reading by the way)
Word: nistooz
Sentance: I laughed so hard i nistoozed!
Post a Comment