Beckham getting his chest x-rays...
They wheeled him around on this full sized bed throughout the Emergency area and it was so weird; a 10 pound kid on a full sized bed was a bit odd looking.
They wheeled him around on this full sized bed throughout the Emergency area and it was so weird; a 10 pound kid on a full sized bed was a bit odd looking.
Ethan showing off his arm splint (so he wouldn't kink the IV). He hated this thing.
Beckham's IV
These boys are so brave!

Ethan getting his nebulizer (sp?) treatment. This poor little guy had the hardest time. I think I would too if weird people in masks and white coats kept waking me up ever hour and shoving gas in my face. What a fighter! He was so brave.
As some of you already know, Ethan and Beckham were both in the hospital last weekend. Ethan went into the emergency room with Jake on Friday night because he was having such a hard time breathing and couldn't seem to calm down. After transfering to the children's hospital via ambulance, he was diagnosed with RSV and Bronchiolitis, which at the time, the doctors explained to us simply as "worse than RSV". He didn't come home until Monday night. Emma brought Beckham into the children's hospital E.R. on Saturday morning with the same kind of symptoms, and he was also diagnosed with RSV. He stayed until Sunday night.
Both the boys had Xrays of their chests and IV's in their little arms. It was the saddest thing we have ever seen in our entire life. Needless to say, it was a very scary ordeal. Thankfully, we had our wonderful Grama Anie here to help us and keep us sane.
The boys are doing better now, but we are still on high alert because their immune systems are down and they are still so susceptible to picking up germs. We have pretty much quarantined them from the outside world (so don't feel bad if we decline when you offer to come to our house...we still love you!) We will probably be paranoid about it for a while as this ordeal is not something we would like to repeat or pass on to anyone else. Plus, Grama Hansen is here helping us out for a little while too, so we are being well taken care of.
We cannot thank all of you who had us in your thoughts and prayers enough. They were most definitely felt. We know that without your faith, none of us would be able to get through all of this. Thank you all SO MUCH. It really means the world to us. We truly are counting our many blessings and thanking our Heavenly Father right now.



15 comments:
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. That is so scary. Please keep us updated. You are all in our prayers.
Hey Ems, I hope things get better soon and we'll keep you in our prayers. Those little guys of yours are sooo cute!
That just breaks my heart, poor little guys. They are getting better so obviously your prayers are being answered. We'll pray for you too! Love you guys!
I love you, love you, love you, and Im so sorry that sucks. seriously, no one wants to do that. on a happy note your kids couldn't be cuter, sad little IV's and all:)
let me know if there is anything i can do cause i'd love to.
So glad you are all home and getting a little better. I hope the little guys will have a full recovery. So nice that you have Mom their. Love you all. Erin
I am so glad that they are both out of the hospital. We will pray for you all. Hope they continue to get better.
Poor little babes! I don't like hospitals. I am grateful for modern medicine, but we have had enough experience in the medical arena. Such sad picts. I am glad mom is there to take care of everyone. Sure love you all.
I got all choked up again just looking at the pictures. We are still praying hard and often. Love you all.
Awww! That is so sad, but I am glad to hear they are home and I hope they get well soon! We'll continue to keep you in our prayers!
Emma and Jake, I have been a retard blogger recently and when I opened your blog my heart sank. I just took Cecilia to the dr yesterday to see if she has RSV and he said not yet. I hope you are doing okay and getting even better soon. It's so hard to see these little ones struggle. We are praying for you. love you!!!
We love our little boyfriends/cousins, and can't wait to love on them for the rest of their lives (and marry my daughters...)
Wow you guys... This is intense!
We are glad you are all doing better :) We will definitely keep you guys in our prayers!
I hope the boys are feeling better! What a scary thing!
Loves from the Larsons...we miss you guys!
WOW - I am soooo sorry you have had such trauma with your boys! How scary for all of you! They are precious little guys! Its awesome that you have so much love and support around you, and Gramma's there to help!
Merry Christmas!
love you,
Debbie
Post a Comment