
I just decided that I don't record enough of my personality on this thing called a Blog. Jake is more of a "blogger" than I am, at least when it comes to writing stuff down. I just mess with all the appearances, post pictures and write a short description here and there; certainly nothing spectacular. Besides, who wants to read a really long blog post anyway?!? (Ten points to you if you actually get through this whole thing...) I guess I just feel like I don't have anything interesting to say most the time. My life is probably not very glamorous to a viewers eyes. Boring even. But it's my life, my world and I love it. It may not be perfect, but it's mine. Two little boys that I adore call me "Mommy" and I have a husband who I can't get enough of. I may not be the person that I want to be yet, but I'm working on it. I have goals that I am going to achieve. "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, PEOPLE LIKE ME!!!" (-Stuart Smalley, SNL)
Ok, enough of the self-affirmations. I guess I just needed to remind myself what is important in life and get over the self-loathing. As for personality, here are some things you should know about me:
1.) I have a really bad memory.
2.) I believe my husband to be a saint.
3.) Some day I will own a largish dog and a largish backyard.
4.) I've been given WAY more than I deserve, on many different levels, including my BMI.
5.) I don't like shopping or talking on the phone but as they are a necessary evil, I'm working on improving my attitude towards both.
6.) I am a pretty good artist.
7.) I made myself type #6 because I realized that everything I wrote down was slightly negative, which leads to #8.
8.) I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic.
9.) I LOVE my children
10.) I am going to fit into my skinny jeans
11.) I was only going to write ten of these, but then I decided to do something unexpected and unconventional. Watch out world.

13 comments:
Emma! You are so cute! I loved reading these :)
I hear you on the skinny pants... maybe one days I'll get back into mine as well... it has been a long time :)
We miss you guys!
I loved that Emma. You are so cute! I love that I knew most of those things about you already.
Hey, remember, this is YOUR (The Hansen Family) blog, so YOU write whatever YOU want. Blogging can be for other people, but I think it should be for the blogger, to really let themselves out! So, I figure when I'm on my blog, that I'll write whatever I want and if people don't want to read it, that's their deal. It gives me an outlet, emotionally and artistically! So, YOU GO GIRL! Write about everything, cause most of us would love to hear about you! ;0)
Fun list-what a fun post. I have to debate #6 though. You are an incredible artist. I still have, and will have forever the poster you made for us when Audrey was born. We miss you guys and hope all is well!
Emma, please don't try to like shopping. I need someone to hate it with me.
PS - I *heart* Stuart from SNL. He is my hero.
Emma,
You made me laugh so hard. I totally hate shopping...and remind me to show you my skinny jeans from high school. I too, will fit back into them...maybe. And you are a rockin' artist. I just love you so much!
It Is good to know the Emma that i love still possesses(holy crap is that how you spell it?) all the beautiful quarks that i remember. I love you, always have, always will:) -Janna B.
I think I have all but given up on getting back into my skinny pants...what can I say...I still eat like I am prego...oh well. And, I usually just post pictures and don't write too much exciting info..I make the blog more of a scrapbook type thing...
I agree that you are a great artist. Very creative. we love you tons. How we miss you.
Hey, I won't get back in my skinny jeans if you don't. Neener neener neener. xoxoxo
There is this beautiful girl I know with red flowing hair, straight teeth and picks her nose that is one of the most amazing people I have EVER met. Even though she is considerably younger than I am(is this still a good thing?) she has always been an example to me. Her laugh will make you laugh and her cry will make you cry. She is more talented than almost anyone I know and she has a sister that doesn't lie. She goes by Rosita or Jose, just in case you don't know who I'm talking about. Love ya B.
skinny jeans? what are those? I remember something vaguely like that when I was about 12. And your comment about BMI was hysterical. I actually spit yogurt out of my mouth. Thanks for the laugh.
I left a comment like an infinity ago, but I guess it didn't post. The computer must be jealous of us and decided to get back at me.
You are 100% my soul mate.
If we were in elementary, we would SOOO be square dancing partners.
I love you, Emma B. :-)
Post a Comment