Thursday, December 3, 2009

Little Miss Collao

You know how when you hold a newborn baby you just feel...........happy?  Really, like complete and utter contentment?

I just had the privilege of experiencing that today - times a hundred. Because this isn't just any little baby.  This is little miss Collao.

Her name is Isabella Natalia Collao, and she is such a beautiful little girl.  She belongs to my favorite girlfriend out here in Texas, Stephanie, who is the kind of friend that I love more than Jake loves Dr. Pepper flavored bacon.  Really. 

Yesterday morning I went to go pick Stephanie up for her Dr.'s appointment.  We started chatting and she told me that she thought she might be having contractions. I laughed.  And the first thought that came into my head was, "am I really going to be the one driving you to the hospital while you're doubling over in pain and screaming that your husband did this to you?!?  Luckily it wasn't even close to dramatic, and Stephanie was, as she always is, a perfect lady in regards to her level of discomfort. 

As we were on our way to the hospital, we argued on whether or not we should just go straight to labor and delivery.  She was pro-appointment, I was pro-L&D. I kept telling her I was 100% sure they would just send her down there anyway.  She kept telling me she didn't want to be poked, monitored, and bothered by all the nurses there.  (She recently went into pre-term labor and had to stay in the hospital for a while, after which she was put on STRICT bedrest.......so I don't blame her).  I told her if Isabella wasn't here within 24 hours I would owe her a Sonic lime slushy.  Game on. 

We finally decided to just go to the appointment and have the Dr. check her out (same doctor that I had, btw). Turns out she was......well, lets just say very close to having a baby!  6 hours later this little gem arrived, and we've all been oogling over her ever since.


How freaking cute is she!?!?!? I am SO IN LOVE.


I don't know how I couldn't love her - with a mom like Stephanie, she's sure to be a rad little diva. And with everything that Stephanie has been through, I can't even tell you how happy this little girl makes me:)


So there you have it.  I'm a psudo auntie.  And lovin' every minute of it.
Kudos to the Collaos for some good brewin' and stewin'!  And after all that, I think this calls for a lime slushy for Steph anyway:)

8 comments:

Laurel said...

YEAH! Congratulations all around (for Stephanie and for You too!) How completely thrilling for them. Awesome. Plain awesome.

BTW-Do they need a car seat? We have a slightly used one in the basement we could send?! ;)

thegehmclan said...

I am so thrilled for you Stephanie. Jake asked me quite a while ago if he could share my story...well...I am glad you have your own answers. What a fabulous baby girl she is. Soak it up. I know you will. Congrats!

Emily said...

So wonderful! And cute too! Congrats to Stephanie.

Emma...lovin the bangs--way cute.

Katie Rod said...

awwww...Everyone looks so great! And I love newborns, too...even when they keep you up at night. :)

A New Life Student said...

She is just so beautiful I can't stand it! But of course we all knew she would be. I am so happy for them. I love that picture of the two of you! I am loving your bangs too!

Chuckleheads said...

Congratulations Stephanie. Ps...love her name. :)

Cothran Family said...

Congrats to you Stephanie! You were sapossed to wait 3 more weeks for me....!!! I'm glad she is here and healthy. That is such a blessing. Love ya too Emma B. I want a lime slushy!

Anonymous said...

So here I am a month later and finally reading this post!! Holy cow, I am still giggling over the fact that YOU, my Texas BFF, too me to the hospital for my first baby. And my husband is not even one bit jealous :) Nice. Could a girl have it any better than I did?

Nice picture taking, Emma B!

And I still want my lime slushy!!!