Monday, December 28, 2009

Naughty and Nice

Jake and I kicked off Christmas by celebrating our 6th anniversary!  A couple of months ago the sexy hunk of manflesh that I call my husband won a gift certificate to a place called Fogo De Chao,which is another Brazillian churrascaria (they bring loads of meat to your table for the choosing and have a buffet-like salad bar).  Mmmmm.  That sounds good I'll have that.  It was DE-LISH!  Nice Jake, Nice.



We also tried creme brulee for the first time in both our lives.  Holy canoly it was good!  No wonder everyone talks about it! Yummo.
For a diabetic though...a little Naughty.



Jake got really excited when he saw the spits of meat in the lobby of the restaurant.  Yes, they had spits of meat in the lobby.  Jake was just a little bit excited about it.
 Nice.



A few days before Christmas we went to Bass Pro Shop, and the boys got on a four wheeler outside the store and scouted out potential shoplifters.  I think Ethan really wanted to run them over. 
Naughty



While we were at Bass Pro we TRIED to take pictures with Santa. As you can see, the boys were a little creeped out.  Ethan didn't even want to get near the guy.  I don't think Beckham did either but we forced him. I guess the guy made a pretty good Santa.  He was rather jolly.
Nice......beard.



We also TRIED to take some family pictures while we were there too. Yes, at Bass Pro Shop. It was an interesting trip to say the least.  These are probably the best ones we got.  I don't think the boys could decide if they wanted to be Naughty or Nice, but I think they are mostly Nice.

Oh and don't worry.  If you're reading this and thinking "Hey, why didn't I get a christmas card from them!?", it's not you..........it's me.  Really.  One of these years we'll get our act together and send one out.  For now though, our blog will have to do.



Can you tell that Beckham is screaming in the last one?  Naughty.



 I got all the Christmas shopping done early this year...on the 23rd instead of the 24th of December. During a trip to Wal-Mart, I walked around and shopped for almost two hours with my fly undone. Classy. I noticed that it was undone while I was standing in the checkout line, and the guy behind me (who had been making small talk with me as we were waiting) noticed at about the same time. He didn't say anything else to me, but I could hear him giggling like a 12 year old as I quickly zipped up my pants and bashfully checked out.

On Christmas eve I made Potroast for the boys and we had a little family dinner.  Nice.



We also invited some friends over for our family nativity pageant.  Beckham was a shepheard...



...and he loved the baby Jesus.  Nice.



These are the players:  An angel and a wise...woman (the Spanish sister missionaries), A couple more wise women (Barbara and Sarah McQuarrie), a few shephards (me and the boys),  and Mary, Samuel the Lamanite, another shephard and Joseph (Sarah, Josh, Drew, and Jeremy Hixson).
We all performed very Nicely.



Christmas morning after all the usual shennanagins, we went outside to play in the two inches of snow that fell on Christmas Eve.  Some guy on the radio said it had been 86 years since we had a white Christmas in our area....It was magical to have it snowing HERE on Christmas eve. 
We were all very happy about it! Nice.



Ethan was pretty stoked about throwing snowballs when he got the hang of it. 
Naughty, but a Nice throw!




Some of my favorite "Ethanisms" from Christmas are below:

* Lately, Ethan likes to know exactly where everyone is.  He'll randomly call out to one of us, "Mommy/Daddy/Baby...where are you?!"  Jake and I always call back to him and let him know just where we are.  On Christmas eve, we told him that Santa was coming and that if he was good and went to bed quickly, Santa would come!  About 5 minutes after we put him to bed, we heard Ethan shout from his room,"Santa, where are you?!?"

* This was the first year that Ethan really understood the whole Santa Clause thing. Jake explained to Ethan how Santa comes down the Chimney to deliver the presents.  Ethan really wanted a fire truck this year, and on Christmas morning he was just about the happiest kid I've ever seen when he opened his fire truck from Santa.  Ethan goes over to the fireplace, pokes his head up the chimmney and yells,
"Thank you Santa!"

7 comments:

REGS said...

SO MUCH FUN! Sounds like you all had a memorable blast this year! Love reading your blog! Best wishes this new year!

Laurel said...

So glad you had mostly a very "nice" Christmas. If you ever feel like you need a little more "naughty" I know a couple of young children that I could send your way. Very good at leaving messes all over, not being obedient, and never going to bed on time.

Just let me know.

JoSue said...

Seriously, thank you for blogs to act as christmas cards!! At least you had some updated pictures. I used old ones from this past year....Looks like SUCH a fun Christmas and you are so good to make everyone meat when you don't even eat it!

Love the pictures and post. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and I still can't believe it snowed. I'm glad to hear the boys were excited. xoxo

Cothran Family said...

Cute Emma! I think that it's better than a Christmas card, except for hanging pictures of your boys on the wall. Looks like a magical Christmas. Love you guys!
word verification: misting
Sentance: I am misting at the adorable pictures of the Hansen family!

thegehmclan said...

Scott wishes I were a little more naughty over here. I love the bangs and melon color. Very rad! Love the matchy matchy with the boys. NICE!

aidanjordan said...

Hahaha! Love Ethan! Glad you guys had a great Christmas!

We Are A Happy Family said...

So adorable Emma. I am glad that you had a great holiday. Love you guys!