Pirates! Arrrrrrrrr!
Peter Pan chasing his shadow
After the show
Mommy smiling, Beckham mesmerized.
On Saturday we drove down to Fort Worth and saw Disney on Ice. Jake won 4 tickets on the radio, and since both of our boys are under 2 (at least for one more week) and didn't need tickets we invited our friends the Evans to come along.
Now anyone who has ever travelled with either Jake or I knows that we aren't that great when it comes to directions. I blame it on the Utah mountains that let you know which way is North. So before the trip we dutifully programmed our newly acquired GPS system (thank you Conan) with the address we had found online and even made a backup mapquest and printed it out for the trip.
When we got to the convention center, we asked the parking attendant where to park for Disney on Ice, and realized that we had mistakably shown up at the "stockyard" convention center, as opposed to the downtown Fort Worth convention center. So that's why it smelled like cows. Apparently the website had listed the wrong address, and the attendant said that people had been showing up to the stockyards all afternoon. Nice. When we finally got to the right place it was almost intermission, and all we really got to see was the end of Lilo and Stitch and Peter Pan. This was probably a good thing, as I don't think Ethan would have been able to handle much more of it anyway. Beckham, on the other hand, couldn't take his eyes off the show.
To make a long story even longer, we ended up on the wrong road at least ten more times on the way home - all this WITH a GPS system in our car, AND mapquest directions.
One of my favorite comments of the night was when Jake said, "If I were following me right now, I'd kick myself". I don't know how we're going to survive California.
P.S. Here's a couple more comments from the show that I enjoyed from Jake:
-"Guess what boys, we're going to go see olympic athletes at their day jobs."
-"How many of those lost boys do you think are really lost GIRLS"?



13 comments:
Yeah for Disney on Ice! Go Jake on winning tickets :)
Your boys are growing up so fast! They are too cute!
You win more stuff than anyone I know. How about entering a cruise giveaway for me??? Oh come on!
So Fun! What a fun family outing! Beckham is getting so big! He looks so much older than just 4 months. What a cutie!
LOL...what a great adventure we had that night! Texas roads are crazy!
We went to that to and Avrie LOVED it!! She still asks me if we can find Tink to get some pixie dust so we can fly to!
Jake's the winner when it comes to finding or winning things for free!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm with Krista on the Cruise. Surely Jake can win all of us tickets for a 10 day Cruise! Ahhhhhhh. But we won't take HIS GPS for directions. We'll have another source lead us the way:) Marmie
Of course you won tickets! HILARIOUS! Fun memories.
Jake you ALWAYS get free stuff! GEEESE! That is so funny about the directions. I'm glad I wasn't following you. And Jake, nice comments, Aaron would be proud.
How fun for you guys! Sounds like it was quite the trip! Good times Jake!
Ok, this sounds exactly like us when we lived in San Diego 3 years ago... which was before GPS's, so we literally Mapquested EVERYTHING, and still got lost 1/2 the time! How fun to go for free though!
Your boys are so big and so cute!
With the GPS? Are you sure you programmed it right? You didn't pick up the calculator did you thinking it was the GPS?!
Jealous! I'm so excited for NYC! We'll finally get to hang out altogether for reals! :) :) :)
We went to that too! Can you believe they got away with selling cotton candy for 10 dollars?
Amazing
Post a Comment