Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Jake!!!


I saw an idea on one of our friends blogs that I thought was brilliant (thank you Samuel and Arly...) and I am totally going to steal it for Jake's Birthday. It is called "You Are Special". I thought I would invite any blog readers to participate in the "You Are Special" for Jake. All you do is start out with "Jake is special because...." and then it's open-mic-session-of-love time. It can be short, long, simple or profound, funny, tearful, dry or witty...whatever you want. Just as long as you're honest and sincere, he's gonna love it!


Why don't I start....


Jake is special because he sees the best in everyone. When he looks at you, he not only sees you as you are, but he sees your potential. He is eternally optimistic and loyal beyond reason. He completely lives what he believes. He can make you laugh harder than you ever thought possible. Plus, he's a Jedi.
I love him more than anything and I truly believe that he's the greatest husband in the entire world! I love you sweetheart! Happy Birthday!!!

15 comments:

The Days of your Life said...

Jake is special because he is married to my sister and has Ray as a brother-in-law.
Really, we love you Jake and love your little family and how wonderful you are! You are a great husband, brother-in-law and dad!
We hope you have a great birthday and enjoy every minute of it! I am glad we got to be first to leave our comments!!!!
Happy 28th Birthday!
Jenna, Jason and the Little Days

Laurel said...

Soldier Boy! Soldier Boy! TELL ME YOUR NAME!!!
Oh how I love you! I am so completely proud to call you my brother. You are an amazing man (yes, I said you were a MAN....... which still blows me away because you are only 9 in my mind-since that is how old you were when I left for college!) You are an incredible father and a wonderful husband. You have been kept for this time period in life (and preserved quite a few times!:) because I have NO DOUBT you have an incredible work to do. Happy Birthday!

Love you Baby Brother,

Love, Wolo

The P*dunc's said...

In Kindergarten, we used to walk home from school together (and carpool) and you and Sara Frisby would ditch me all the time! But I forgive you, you were only 5 and did not realize my coolness at the time.

Jake, you are a happy, kind person!

Emily said...

I remember that whole scene from the picture:) And now look at you! I think you are an amazing person with incredible gifts..I wish we lived closer so we could be blessed with them more...but maybe someday.

Love you bro bro.

Chuckleheads said...

Jake is special.

I think that says it all.

Happy Birthday handsome.

XOXO The Larson's in Germany!

thegehmclan said...

You have always been special...you have more than 9 lives...you are a Jedi...your personal powers are amazing..."Personal testimony, couples with performance cannot be refuted" You are an amazing brother,Uncle, cousin, husband, son, brother in law, father and friend. Continue on in your specialness.

rhansen said...

You are special, you son of a gun..
You are special, husband/friend//brother/son..
You are special, and rarely mad..
You are special, never bad..
You are special, simply fine..
You are special...glad you're mine.

Dad

kathleen said...

This picture of you, Jake, is priceless! The video is even funnier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You possess a great talent to always find the good in others or finding a positive outcome in any situation. We know the blessings have been stacked your way for the way you are living and have lived your life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE! Love, Mom

Chelsea said...

Jake is Special because...

Sincerely think "you rock his world" if you do any kind of favor for him.

He is such a hard worker and so dedicated in school, his calling, and most of all with his family.

What I notice most about Jake is that he is special because he makes EVERYONE around him feel happy and SPECIAL!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jake is special because....

-he can gulp Dr. Pepper faster than anyone I know.
-he has special Jedi powers
-he loves a good steak, and therefore will be 'Steak' President one day
-he gives me all the green popsicles when I am at his house
-and he gives me peanut butter cups, too
-he is an awesome father to my two littlest boyfriends (one of whom will be my future son-in-law)
-he allows me to overly-smother those two little cuties
-he promised to never move from Texas and keep Emma here forever
-he is accepting of everyone, a loyal friend.
-he makes me laugh
-he is a man of faith

Happy, happy Birthday Jake! Now go eat some cake. But first let it bake. And then go and rake, for goodness sake.

Becca said...

Jake is special because he can play a pretty good game of Fireball island.
Happy Birthday. Hope to see you soon.
Love,
the Martins

Angie said...

Jake is special because...

- WAMSUTTER!!!
- he can bring a smile to your face just with a smile
- he is one cool dad
- he is an example to everyone
- he never gives up
- he knows how to befriend anyone... even the ducks in the backyard
- he loves to laugh
- his special ninja moves can take down any criminal stealing his wallet
- he is an awesome friend

Jill D. said...

Happy Birthday Jakup!

Cothran Family said...

Jake is Special(ED) because:
He loves my sister
He loves my nephews
He has a contagious laugh
He genuinly cares for people
He is thoughtful and kind
He is a good missionary, still
And just cause he's Jake:)
Love you man, Happy Birthday!!!!

Unknown said...

JAKE IS SSSSSSSSSO SSSSSSSSPECCCCIAL!