Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Enthusiasts

Sweet Beck sportin' a red hawk for the festivities

The boys with their red, white and blue hair watching the fireworks show

At the hanger with B


Ethan watching one of the stunt planes



When it comes to the fourth of July, we're big fans. So naturally when we celebrate , our family tends to look, well...........enthusiastic. Yes we are THAT family. This year, our enthusiasm included matching shirts, a little bit of face paint and sparkles for mom, and red, white and blue hair for the boys. It was so fun.

Our fantastically cool/awesome/wefeelsoblessedtoevenknowthem friends the Collaos invited us to go to an airport hanger to watch the festivities of Kaboomtown in Addison. It was pretty much the coolest 4th of July show ever. We were able to watch everything from the side of the runway, and see all the action up close.

One of our favorite parts of the night though was an "Ethanism". E-man is kind of obsessed with cars and trucks, and for some reason he calls them "beeps". During one of the stunt plane performances, one of our friends that we were with said, "I bet Ethan forgets about cars now and gets totally into airplanes". Just then, a formation of four different stunt planes were flying low to the runway. Beneath them, driving on the runway was a service truck with it's lights on. Everyone's eyes were fixed on the performance of the planes. Ethan's response?

"Whoa! A beep!"

I don't know about that whole change of interest thing.


Happy 4th of July everyone!!!


P.S. THANK YOU to all of our service men and women who have/are currently serving our country! You rock our free world!


11 comments:

aidanjordan said...

You guys are awesome. I want to be THAT family, but Jeremy...not so much. I did manage to get him to wear a light blue shirt and his red and blue Ole Miss hat. That's the best he could do...loser!

Erin said...

That didn't even look like Beckham. I can't believe how much he has changed. What a cute family.

REGS said...

Love the matching attire! And Beckham is getting so big and looks so grown up! It's CRAZY! It seems like you just had him! Love the pictures! Looks like you had a BLAST!

kathleen said...

Loved the red, white an blue hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the shirts :) Didn't get it until the "boys" were all together to get the effects! Cute idea and fun to really get into the fun festivities. Glad you had a great family celebration. Miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

You guys are so cute! Way to be festive! Love it!

Cothran Family said...

Beckham looks so grown up! That is so fun and you guys look too cute.
word verification: gunindly
sentance: I made up this new dance move and called it gunindly.

Laurel said...

I hair ROCKS! Ethan, you are a stud muffin. You and Camy would have loads of fun playing with all the planes and beeps:)

Laurel said...

Aaaa,
word verification: I (means The)
as in: THE hair rocks!

thegehmclan said...

Rock on little Texans! Emma, you should have mohawked your hair too. I know you wanted to.

Chuckleheads said...

The hair seriously rocked. EmB - you should wear more sparklies... We love America!

Robert Brandon Henderson said...

I love the 4th of July! I am so glad you are so festive. I like to think that any reason to celebrate is a good one - and why not go all out. You do live in Texas! Go big or go home.