
On a sweltering day in July, thousands of fish and fish lovers alike are feeling the loss of one of their most influential finned friends of the century. Ghepetto was the epitomy of a Betta fish; graceful, vivacious, handsome and full of spirit. True to his name, this Siamese Fighting Fish was a tribute to his kind until the end; at which point we found him upside down in the corner of his tank, with a small heart shaped bubble still attatched to his lips.
Beloved pet of Ethan, and Beckham, loyal friend to Emma and Jake, he will be greatly missed and remembered.
An avid entrepeneur, Ghepetto established himself as the co-founder of the popular brand, Aqua Velva, and gave much of his sucess to his wet, tankish upbringing in the popular corner of the living room.
He was preceeded in death by his two parents, Willy (Formerly known as "Free") and Ariel, and his brothers Gordon (B. Hinkley- our first Betta fish) and Nemo.
A worldwide memorial service will be held on Sunday, July 26 at 8pm Central Time. Those wishing to pay tribute to this wonderful animal may stand at their toilets, reverenced in a moment of silence, and then flush at exacly 8:01pm.

8 comments:
Noooooo! I was so sad when I looked over and saw and saw the title of your update!! I remember when our fish died growing up... I also remember when Shayla and I bought 3 betta fish we moved out and how we flushed them down the toilet cause they were stinking up our apartment and we were like too lazy to clean that darn take every other day. Wow, we were pathetic.
and I meant tank... sorry about your loss!
But I can't wait for NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!
You are captivating Emma. I can't wait to see what happens in NYC! Gavin says "gagggaaaggaaaa upppp baaaa" I will translate...sorry and next time skype us for the funeral services.
Wasn't able to flush at 8:01pm. Does 11:33pm count?
Also, just to clarify, do I need to be standing or can I sit during the moment of silence?
:)
Look who found you! Okay, Don't be scared. I just found you off Steph's blog. I am sorry to hear about your dear fish. But I am so happy I found your cute blog! Let me know when you are back from your fabulous vacation!
I hated that fish!!
We missed the memorial service, but I'm sure I flushed that day at some point.
Post a Comment